- Successful applicants will receive funding and support for their data-centric Smart City solution, including:
- Funding of up to €10,000 to support pilot, proof of concept, minimum viable product or other solution development goal;
- Full solution implementation opportunity for successful pilots;
- Co-creation of the solution and full access to and support from the relevant cities and stakeholders;
- Six-month business accelerator powered by Faubourg Numerique, Agoria and Cambridge CleanTech;
- Introduction to cities, investors and mentors;
- Access to hardware and equipment such as sensors;
- A range of data science, open data and business skills trainings;
- Dissemination opportunities of your solution amongst peers and cities via SCIFI communication channels and events (in Belgium, The Netherlands and France);
- Access to technology and datasets, as well as training and advice by SCIFI experts.
Who can apply?
In order to apply for the call, startups, students and companies must be part of a legal entity. Besides private companies, various universities/business schools have legal registration accessible for students wanting to start up their projects, as have organisations that work together with innovative project owners (incubators etc): these legal entities can be used as well to apply for the call. Only organisations legally registered in any of the EU member states or the associated countries can apply to this pre-commercial procurement from SCIFI.
How to apply?
Step 1: Identify challenge
Step 2: Complete and submit application
The application should be submitted via the platform of F6S. Here you will be asked to provide:
- Some basic information about yourself and your team;
- Complete all fields in the proposal form;
- Agree to the terms in the declaration of honour and the ethics statement; and
- A pitch deck (maximum 12 slides), viewed if you reach the interview stage;
- A short video (1 minute), which explains why we should fund your team.
- The budget of the project (please separate the costs per item)
How do we select companies?
The selection process of the open call contains 6 steps:
- Eligibility checks
- Remote interview
More details about each step you can find in the guide for applicants.